AIIB, India sign $329m loan agreement
SRINAGAR, Indian-controlled Kashmir - India signed a loan agreement with Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) for providing loan of $329 million to improve rural road connectivity in western state of Gujarat, officials said Saturday.
"The loan and project agreements for AIIB lending of $329 million for Gujarat rural roads project have been signed between the government of India, government of Gujarat and the AIIB yesterday in New Delhi," a finance ministry official said. "The objective of the project is to improve the rural road connectivity and accessibility in rural areas of Gujarat.
According to officials the project would benefit about 8 million people in the state by providing all weather road connectivity to 1,060 villages in 33 districts.
The project would envisage constructions and up-gradation of non-plan roads (NPRs), besides up-gradation of planned roads.
- Last Article：AIIB Supports Renewable Energy Development in Egypt
- Next Article：China, Kyrgyzstan discuss setting up cooperation fund
There remains certain restrictive factors in China's economic and trade cooperation with the count...
In line with Chinese President Xi Jinping's underpinning motto of the increasingly momentous pan-E...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 354
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 194
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 183
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 162
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 144
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 133
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 106
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 106
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 97