Louis Berger to modernize Cameroonian stadiums ahead of 2016 Africa Women Cup of Nations, 2019 Africa Cup of Nations
Louis Berger announced it is providing project management oversight for the modernization of several stadiums in Yaoundé, Cameroon’s capital and host city of the 2016 Africa Women Cup of Nations and the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations men's tournament.
The project includes the modernization of two 1,000-seat training arenas, part of the multi-purpose Ahmadou Ahidjo stadium. The firm is also rehabilitating a 2,000-seat military arena located in Ngoa Ekelle. They will be modernized according to the standards of the Confédération Africaine de Football (CAF) and the Fédération Internationale de Football Associations (FIFA) and will feature improved playgrounds, new tribunes, changing rooms and lavatories, among other amenities.
As part of the contract's first phase, Louis Berger prepared architectural and engineering studies for the modernization effort. Cameroon's Ministry of Public Tenders has already approved the findings of studies for six out of the project’s eight specific objectives. Based on the firm’s input, the client tendered the construction works. They will soon start under Louis Berger’s supervision.
Louis Berger has been working in Africa for more than 50 years and has nearly 25 years of experience in Cameroon. The company currently has 10 ongoing projects in Cameroon and has completed more than 25 projects over the years. Successful project implementations have focused on institutional strengthening, public administration capacity building and training, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, urban and regional transportation planning, as well as project management and construction supervision.
The signing of the Hong Kong-ASEAN free trade agreement (FTA) will bring ample opportunity for the...
Members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are the prior and primary partners o...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 366
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 202
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 194
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 174
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 145
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 142
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 110
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 108
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 105