Canada earmarks $1bn for refurbishment of Supreme Court building
The Canadian government has awarded US$972m to the refurbishment of the Supreme Court of Canada Building in Ottawa.
The building houses the Supreme Court, the Federal Court of Appeal and the Federal Court. It was completed in 1940 and now requires extensive rehabilitation work.
The building will be vacated while it is restored, during which time occupants will use the West Memorial Building.
The West Memorial Building has been vacant since 2008 and will be undergoing renovations from 2019 to 2023 to prepare it for use.
A tender has already been launched for preliminary work for the West Memorial Building.
A request for proposal to select a planning and design firm will be launched shortly.
Steven MacKinnon, parliamentary secretary to the minister of public services, said: “Through an investment in our heritage assets, Public Services and Procurement Canada is ensuring that Canada’s highest court and the federal courts remain functional for generations to come.
“At the same time, by undertaking this important infrastructure project, the government is creating jobs for hard-working middle-class Canadians.”
The project is due to start in 2023 and be completed in 2028.
Ong Ka Chuan, second minister of the Ministry of International Trade and Industry, Malaysia, annou...
The China-proposed Belt and Road Initiative will bring broad opportunities to the economic growth ...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 319
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 164
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 162
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 140
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 130
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 108
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 91
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 89
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 80