Skanska designs and prepares construction for High Speed Two in London, UK, for GBP 27M, about SEK 300M
Skanska has, in a joint venture with Costain and Strabag, signed an early contractor involvement (ECI) contract with High Speed Two (HS2) Ltd. The total ECI contract is worth GBP 79M. Skanska will include its share of the contract worth GBP 27M, about SEK 300M, in the order bookings for Europe in the third quarter 2017.
The contract includes to develop the scheme design and target cost for two main work construction packages by HS2. The contract award is based on the work already being undertaken by Skanska in joint venture with Costain on the HS2 South Enabling Works and will include, among other work streams, the delivery of two tunneling lots in and close to London.
Skanska’s joint venture with Costain and Strabag has been selected as preferred bidders for the Euston tunnels and approaches and the Northolt tunnels. On completion of the 16-month ECI period, which is estimated to start during the autumn 2017, the main works scope will proceed in early 2019, estimated by the UK Government to be worth about GBP 1.8 billion.
The new HS2 railway will create faster journeys for passengers between Birmingham and London, whilst creating additional capacity to reduce pressure on the network as a whole. The project is due for completion in 2023 with the first trains running in 2026.
Skanska is one of the leading developers and construction companies in Europe. Outside the Nordics, the company has its European operations in building construction and civil engineering located in Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and the UK. Skanska develops commercial properties in select local markets in Poland, the Czech Republic, Romania and Hungary, and residential developments in Prague and Warsaw. Skanska also offers services in public private partnerships. In 2016, Skanska had sales of SEK 36 billion and about 16,500 employees in its European operations.
The signing of the Hong Kong-ASEAN free trade agreement (FTA) will bring ample opportunity for the...
Members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are the prior and primary partners o...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 366
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 201
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 194
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 174
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 145
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 142
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 110
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 108
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 105