London's second tallest tower planned in Croydon
David Hudson, chief executive of Guildhouse Rosepride, has said his development of Britian’s second tallest building in Croydon will “change perceptions” and make the south London borough “a destination in its own right”. He added: “This will help to achieve that because, in my opinion, it will be a world-famous building.”
The One Lansdowne development consists of two towers, 68 and 41-storeys high, linked by an 11-storey podium structure with a glass-bottomed swimming pool. Croydon council’s planning committee last night voted unanimously to approve the scheme, which would be 236m high, compared with the London Bridge Shard, which is 310m.
The project will have the highest restaurant/bar in London on the 65th and 66th floors and a viewing gallery on the 67th floor. It will also contain 794 residential units and 35,000 sq m of office space.
The project was designed by UK firm CZWG Architects, with the project developed by Guildhouse Rosepride and the China Building Technique Group.
A previous 69-storey project on the same site, which would have included 917 flats and 22,305m sq m of office space, was denied planning permission in June 2016. An appeal for the rejected development was launched but the plan was eventually scrapped.
In 2012 another tower designed by CZWG on the same site was awarded planning permission, but work on the project was stopped shortly after construction began.
The project will be located directly opposite the new £1.4bn retail destination being delivered by Westfield and a few minutes’ walk from both east and west Croydon railway stations.
Work will begin on demolishing the existing buildings on the site by next summer with the project due to be completed in under five years.
- Last Article：Hong Kong to raise $18bn for third runway
- Next Article：World’s tallest solar tower to go up in Dubai: $3.8bn contract
There remains certain restrictive factors in China's economic and trade cooperation with the count...
In line with Chinese President Xi Jinping's underpinning motto of the increasingly momentous pan-E...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 354
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 194
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 183
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 161
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 144
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 132
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 106
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 106
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 97