Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay
The delegation was led by the university's Party Secretary, Zhao Jiaqi. The team toured the construction site before holding a meeting with Karamay's Mayor, Zhang Hongyan, and other officials related to the project.
At the meeting, Xu Qiang, head of the Karamay municipal health bureau, detailed the main points of a report on preparation work for the new term, logistics work and problems that need to be addressed.
Due to the limited space at the University’s Urumqi campus, it decided to relocate its Houbo School to Karamay. A cooperation agreement with the Karamay government was signed in December, 2012.
Construction work on the campus began in September 2013 and the first phase project will be finished by September this year. The new campus will occupy 76 hectares and contain teaching buildings, dormitories, canteens, labs, an information center and playground. A hospital adjacent to the new campus capable of accommodating 1,500 beds is currently under construction.
Some students will move to the new campus in September. Once completed the new Houbo School campus will be capable of housing 5,000 students.
Situated at the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region's capital of Urumqi, Xinjiang Medical University was founded in 1956. The university is made up of four campuses and six directly-affiliated and three indirectly-affiliated hospitals. It has a student population of over 18,000, including 150 PhD students, 600 international students and nearly 2000 Master’s Degree students.
The landmark signing of a bilateral memorandum of understanding on the Belt and Road (B&R) initiat...
Power interconnection, with the UHV (ultra-high-voltage) power grid as the backbone network, consi...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 379
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 209
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 202
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 177
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 152
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 147
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 117
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 112
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 112