One Parramatta Square Project
One Parramatta Square (1PSQ) has set a new benchmark for commercial property in Western Sydney. This development is the first of a six-stage, precinct master plan led by Parramatta City Council to revitalise their CBD by attracting new businesses from major office markets in Sydney, North Sydney and Macquarie Park.
The 14 level 1PSQ is the new flagship Parramatta city campus for the Western Sydney University. John Holland was responsible for the design and construction of 1PSQ, including a $40m integrated fit-out across 11 levels, delivering first-class educational facilities for up to 10,000 students.
Reflecting its standing as a world-class education and research facility, 1PSQ offers a digitally infused, technology-rich teaching and research environment. The new vertical campus is an example of how workspaces and education can combine to deliver a smart, energy efficient building.
Designed to achieve a 5 Star Green Star rating, the podium floors access a central atrium space, drawing light into the building and creating a communal point for communication, interaction and circulation.
Completed in late 2016, 1PSQ comprises 26,500 square metres of A Grade commercial floor area, including two levels of basement parking, bicycle racks, lockers and a landscaped roof terrace. The project also features a ground level public art installation, Allegory of a Cave, which is a modular sculpture made from suspended square blocks of varied heights and colours, and fabricated from painted and brushed aluminium.
The $2b Parramatta Square project is proposed to include two commercial towers, a 65-storey residential tower, a 150 room hotel and community facilities.
The landmark signing of a bilateral memorandum of understanding on the Belt and Road (B&R) initiat...
Power interconnection, with the UHV (ultra-high-voltage) power grid as the backbone network, consi...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 379
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 209
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 202
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 177
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 152
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 147
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 117
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 112
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 112