Train attendants wait at the entrance of the Chinese-made new train at Hua Lamphong station in Bangkok, Thailand, Aug. 29, 2016. A new train purchased from China by State Railway of Thailand (SRT) was launched on Monday with a short trip, which is the first new train for Thailand in 20 years. Thailand and China have been negotiating to thrash out details on jointly building a medium-speed railway line in 2015. The railway project, once completed, will connect northeast Thailand's Nong Khai province, capital Bangkok and eastern Rayong province. It is also expected to join the planned China-Laos railway. In 2016, State Railway of Thailand (SRT) has contracted China Railway Rolling Stock Corporation (CRRC)s Changchun Railway Vehicles Co., LTD to purchase 115 new carriages at a price of 4.98 billion Baht (US$143 million). The first new train was launched in August 2016 with a short trip in Thailand.[Xinhua/Li Mangmang]
There remains certain restrictive factors in China's economic and trade cooperation with the count...
In line with Chinese President Xi Jinping's underpinning motto of the increasingly momentous pan-E...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 354
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 194
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 183
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 162
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 144
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 133
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 106
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 106
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 97