Train attendants wait at the entrance of the Chinese-made new train at Hua Lamphong station in Bangkok, Thailand, Aug. 29, 2016. A new train purchased from China by State Railway of Thailand (SRT) was launched on Monday with a short trip, which is the first new train for Thailand in 20 years. Thailand and China have been negotiating to thrash out details on jointly building a medium-speed railway line in 2015. The railway project, once completed, will connect northeast Thailand's Nong Khai province, capital Bangkok and eastern Rayong province. It is also expected to join the planned China-Laos railway. In 2016, State Railway of Thailand (SRT) has contracted China Railway Rolling Stock Corporation (CRRC)s Changchun Railway Vehicles Co., LTD to purchase 115 new carriages at a price of 4.98 billion Baht (US$143 million). The first new train was launched in August 2016 with a short trip in Thailand.[Xinhua/Li Mangmang]
The China-proposed Belt and Road Initiative will bring broad opportunities to the economic growth ...
The Belt and Road Initiative calls for innovative ﬁnancing methods to unlock private sec-tor capi...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 319
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 163
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 162
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 139
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 130
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 108
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 91
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 88
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 80