Photo taken on May 21, 2017 shows a tunnel of China-Laos railway under construction in northern Laos' Luang Prabang Province. The China-Laos railway has a total length of 414.332 kilometers with over 62.7 percent of bridges and tunnels, linking Mohan-Boten border gate in northern Laos and capital Vientiane. It is the first overseas route connecting with the railway system in China, using Chinese technology, equipment and investment. Construction of the project is scheduled for five years with investment of some 40 billion Chinese yuan (US$5.8 billion), 70 percent of which comes from Chinese investment and the rest 30 percent from Lao side. The operating speed on the route is designed at 160 km per hour.[Xinhua/Zhang Jianhua]
A free trade agreement (FTA) to be signed in November by China's Hong Kong Special Administrative ...
If we define financial integration as enhancing capital mobility across borders, can we find indic...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 340
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 183
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 171
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 154
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 139
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 119
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 100
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 99
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 90