Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation
The Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria will commence its operations by 2018 a senior manager has announced.
Speaking at a press briefing during his tour at the plant site at Lekki Free Trade, Kelkar said that the construction work on the project is expected to be completed by 2017 adding that live streaming will kick off by 2018.
The 650,000 barrels per day capacity Dangote petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria is aimed at boosting the nation’s refining capacity and enhance industrialization.
Besides boosting the nation’s refining capacity and enhancing industrialization the plant will as well create over 2000 jobs.
Jande Nul, a soil investigation expert from a Belgium-based dredging company is in charge of the project’s dredging and soil investigation. On completion, the construction project will enhance Nigeria’s crude oil refinery.
Assembling of equipment is expected to take a couple of months. The project is also opening a door of opportunity for the country to host the longest single train refinery in the world in line with the Dangote’s Group vision.
When operational the plant is expected to produce 750,000 metric tonnes of polypropylene per annum whereas the fertilizer plant will produce 2.8 metric tonnes of Urea and Ammonia.
The Dangote Group is a strategic investor in a number of upstream oil and gas projects in Nigeria and is at an advanced stage of project development in the downstream sector. The Group has also ventured into power generation (coal), gas exploration and fertilizer production.
Ong Ka Chuan, second minister of the Ministry of International Trade and Industry, Malaysia, annou...
The China-proposed Belt and Road Initiative will bring broad opportunities to the economic growth ...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 319
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 164
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 162
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 140
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 130
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 108
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 91
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 89
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 80