Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt
Norwegian firm Scatec has begun plans to construct 250MW capacity solar plants in Egypt aimed at boosting electricity production in the country.
The mega construction project is being carried out at two sites in Benban and Zafarana in Egypt as the first steps to the development of solar plants in the country.
Norway’s Scatec Solar has commenced activities on two sites in Egypt as it prepares the ground for the development of 250 MW of solar PV capacity under the Egyptian government’s Renewable Energy program.
Engineering and procurement activity is underway at Benban and Zafarana, including the completion of geotechnical studies and environment and social impact assessments, as well as the initial installation of two weather stations to measure solar irradiation.
These ground activities are being overseen by Scatec Solar’s regional HQ, which has been established at Nile City Tower in Cairo as part of the company’s strategy to explore further solar opportunities in the MENA region, developing, procuring and maintaining solar farms.
Scatec Solar’s first success was to win 250 MW of solar project capacity under Egypt’s FIT program, acting as lead developer in one project and strategic investor, EPC and O&M on four others.
Fundraising via banks has already begun, and Scatec Solar has confirmed that it will provide training for hundreds of local workers during the construction and development phase of the projects.
The construction of construct solar plants in Egypt is aimed at boosting clean energy production in a country hit by frequent power outages.
There remains certain restrictive factors in China's economic and trade cooperation with the count...
In line with Chinese President Xi Jinping's underpinning motto of the increasingly momentous pan-E...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 354
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 194
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 183
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 162
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 144
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 133
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 106
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 106
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 97