France’s Bouygues to build 41 MW solar plant in Japan
Equis Energy, the largest renewable energy independent power producer (IPP) in the Asia-Pacific region, has selected France’s Bouygues Energies & Services (a subsidiary of Bouygues Construction) and Toho Electrical (Toho) to build a 41MW solar project in Yaita, in Tochigi Prefecture, Japan.
Bouygues Energies & Services and Toho will provide engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services for the project, which began construction in June 2017.
Adam Ballin, Equis Energy board director, said: “Thanks in part to strong ongoing regulatory support, the future continues to be extremely bright for solar energy in Japan, where renewable energy generation is expected to increase by 65% by 2030.”
In Japan Equis owns 45 projects comprising 1.4 GW and has a further 1.1 GW under development.
Bouygues Energies & Services is currently building a 13.7 MW facility in Noheji, Aomori prefecture for Equis.
Toho Electrical specialises in telecommunications and renewable energy and will provide mechanical and electrical construction expertise on the Yaita solar project.
The Yaita project is slated to start operating in April 2018 and will generate approximately 89,800 MWh per year, providing electricity to 12,905 households, saving 58,364 tons of CO2 as well as 84.6 million litres of water, Equis said.
Equis owns 105 renewable energy assets, totalling 4.9 GW across Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, the Philippines, Taiwan and Thailand.
Bouygues Energies & Services develops tailor‐made and turnkey projects for photovoltaic, thermal, cogeneration and biomass power generation plants.
- Last Article：None
- Next Article：India announces $2.5bn scheme to give every home electricity by 2019
There remains certain restrictive factors in China's economic and trade cooperation with the count...
In line with Chinese President Xi Jinping's underpinning motto of the increasingly momentous pan-E...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 354
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 194
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 183
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 161
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 144
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 132
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 106
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 106
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 97