China to hold B&R tourism ministerial meeting in September
BEIJING - The Belt and Road tourism ministers roundtable will be held in Chinese city of Chengdu this September, the National Tourism Administration (NTA) said Thursday.
The roundtable, jointly hosted by the NTA and the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), will take place during the 22nd UNWTO General Assembly scheduled for Sept 11-16.
During the meeting, tourism ministers from participating countries will discuss deepening tourism cooperation among Belt and Road countries, jointly building the Silk Road tourism brand, developing tourist products and simplifying visa policies to facilitate tourism.
Since the Belt and Road Initiative was proposed in 2013, China has made major progress in promoting tourism along the Belt and Road, said Liu Shijun, NTA spokesperson.
Projects like Silk Road Tourism Year have boosted global awareness of the Silk Road tourism brand, said Liu.
The landmark signing of a bilateral memorandum of understanding on the Belt and Road (B&R) initiat...
Power interconnection, with the UHV (ultra-high-voltage) power grid as the backbone network, consi...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 380
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 210
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 202
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 177
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 152
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 147
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 117
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 113
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 112