China to hold B&R tourism ministerial meeting in September
BEIJING - The Belt and Road tourism ministers roundtable will be held in Chinese city of Chengdu this September, the National Tourism Administration (NTA) said Thursday.
The roundtable, jointly hosted by the NTA and the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), will take place during the 22nd UNWTO General Assembly scheduled for Sept 11-16.
During the meeting, tourism ministers from participating countries will discuss deepening tourism cooperation among Belt and Road countries, jointly building the Silk Road tourism brand, developing tourist products and simplifying visa policies to facilitate tourism.
Since the Belt and Road Initiative was proposed in 2013, China has made major progress in promoting tourism along the Belt and Road, said Liu Shijun, NTA spokesperson.
Projects like Silk Road Tourism Year have boosted global awareness of the Silk Road tourism brand, said Liu.
It is one-sided for developed countries to blame Chinese enterprises for creating additional compe...
Ong Ka Chuan, second minister of the Ministry of International Trade and Industry, Malaysia, annou...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 321
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 165
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 162
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 140
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 130
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 108
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 91
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 90
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 80