BRICS cooperation complements with B&R Initiative
During its presidency of BRICS, China proposes the model of "BRICS+", inviting new members to take part in the bloc's cooperation.
"BRICS+" is expected to become an important platform through which the developing countries and emerging economies can take part in global governance.
The Belt and Road is a community with common interests and shared destiny. The Initiative complements with the BRICS cooperation in many senses, with each having different emphases.
The main objective of "BRICS+" is to coordinate the stances of the developing countries in areas of cooperation in politics, economics and culture. The Belt and Road Initiative focuses more on economic and trade cooperation.
The New Development Bank can supplement the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank and the Silk Road Fund, reducing financial risks.
The synergy between the Belt and Road Initiative and the respective economic development plans of the "BRICS+" can effectively draw on each other's strengths to serve the world economy and global governance.
(The author is a professor of international trade at the University of International business and Economics. The translator is Li Yang.)
A free trade agreement (FTA) to be signed in November by China's Hong Kong Special Administrative ...
If we define financial integration as enhancing capital mobility across borders, can we find indic...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 340
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 183
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 171
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 154
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 139
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 119
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 100
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 99
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 90