China to strengthen connectivity, trade with Nepal: premier Li
China will take the Belt and Road Initiative as an opportunity to strengthen connectivity, trade and investment with Nepal, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang said on Thursday.
Li made the remarks when meeting with Nepalese Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Krishna Bahadur Mahara, who is on an official visit to China from Sept. 6 to 11.
"China will work with Nepal to speed up the feasibility study of the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) and the development of cross-border economic zones," Li said.
The premier suggested bilateral cooperation in energy, infrastructure, post-disaster reconstruction and tourism, assuring Nepal that China will do its best to support the Himalayan country's economic and social development.
"China hopes for unity among all factions in Nepal and smooth progress in their political agenda to usher in a new phase of lasting stability and prosperity for the country," Li said.
Li said China is ready to maintain high-level exchanges with Nepal to ensure bilateral cooperation benefits the two countries' development, their people as well as regional stability and prosperity.
Mahara said Nepal-China relationship is exemplary in following the Five Principles of Peaceful Coexistence.
Nepal will continue to adhere to the one-China policy, maintain high-level exchanges and deepen practical cooperation to achieve win-win results, Mahara said.
Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi also met with Mahara on Thursday.
The signing of the Hong Kong-ASEAN free trade agreement (FTA) will bring ample opportunity for the...
Members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are the prior and primary partners o...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 366
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 202
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 194
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 174
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 145
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 142
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 110
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 108
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 105