Arab states eye opportunities in Belt and Road: official
The Belt and Road Initiative coincides with the national development strategies of several Arab states, providing the Arab states with valuable opportunities to improve interconnections and strengthen cooperation, said Nael Al Kabariti, chairman of the General Union of Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture for Arab Countries, in his interview with the Economic Daily.
Al Kabariti has attended all of the seven sessions for seven years in a row of the China-Arab States Expo held in Yinchuan, Northwest China's Ningxia Hui autonomous region (which was previously called the China-Arab States Economic and Trade Forum from 2010 to 2012).
"The Belt and Road is an innovative proposal because it not only promotes commodity trade, but also the sharing and exchanging of knowledge, experience and concepts. That's why it can encourage countries to take part in it," Al Kabariti said.
China and the Arab states are both large markets. And their further cooperation will be more productive, especially in the fields of tourism, medical care and finance, he added.
He is happy to see that more Arabian youths are interested in learning the Chinese language, and looking forward to studying China's knowledge and experience, showing the Arab states' confidence with China's economy, as well as its development concepts.
- Last Article：Belt, Road a path to financial integration
- Next Article：China's high-speed railway changes civil aviation industry
The signing of the Hong Kong-ASEAN free trade agreement (FTA) will bring ample opportunity for the...
Members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are the prior and primary partners o...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 366
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 201
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 194
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 174
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 145
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 142
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 110
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 108
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 105