Hong Kong can be a pivot for Belt and Road investment: expert
Hong Kong is expected to become an important pivot for the cross-border strategic investment related to the Belt and Road Initiative, said Mao Zhirong, director of Chinese mainland business development of Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited at a financial forum in Shenzhen, Guangdong province, on Sept. 24.
He said the Belt and Road Initiative, the construction of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Great Bay Area, and the two-way opening-up of capital markets will all increase cross-border capital flows.
There must also be institutional guarantees to ensure that capital markets are viable, open and the risks are well managed and controlled.
Hong Kong, as an international financial center, can support and manage different, financial, judicial and market systems, ensure sufficient capital mobility, and has the financial infrastructure to serve the cross-border investment and financing activities, he said.
Thus, Hong Kong has the ability to become a wealth management center, risk management center and the pricing center for assets on the Chinese mainland, he said, hoping that Hong Kong, through joint efforts of different parties, can provide an important pivot for cross-border projects to facilitate the cross-border investment related to the Belt and Road Initiative.
- Last Article：China-Egypt model fits in well with B&R
- Next Article：PPP has great potential in Belt and Road cooperation
The signing of the Hong Kong-ASEAN free trade agreement (FTA) will bring ample opportunity for the...
Members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are the prior and primary partners o...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 366
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 202
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 194
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 174
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 145
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 142
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 110
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 108
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 105