Hong Kong-ASEAN FTA signing will bring ample opportunity for Hong Kong's development, says business leader
The signing of the Hong Kong-ASEAN free trade agreement (FTA) will bring ample opportunity for the development of Hong Kong, said Jonathan Choi, chairman of the Hong Kong-based Chinese General Chamber of Commerce.
Members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are the prior and primary partners of China in promoting the Belt and Road Initiative, Chinese Ambassador to ASEAN Xu Bu told Xinhua in an interview ahead of the 31st ASEAN summit and related meetings from Nov. 10 to Nov. 14.
John Rice, vice chairman of General Electric (GE), said the experience in China has made GE a better company and China's opening up is creating great opportunities.
Think tanks in the United States have an increasingly plurality of views in regard to the Belt and Road Initiative. With the deepening of their research on the Belt and Road alongside increasing support for the initiative from the international community, attitudes have changed towards the initiative, according to a report on the Belt and Road Initiative and Sino-US relations issued by the Pangoal Institution, a Beijing-based public policy think tank, on Nov. 4.
Infrastructure cooperation can be a "positive momentum generator and trust builder" in the relationship between the United States and China, a U.S. expert and former diplomat said.
"PPP will become a key supply mode of public products and services including infrastructure in international cooperation among countries along the Belt and Road," said Jiao Xiaoping, director of the China Public Private Partnerships (PPP) Center, in a symposium.
U.S., China should develop "better sense of strategic thinking" on cooperation: former U.S. official
The United States and China should develop "a better sense of strategic thinking" on bilateral and multilateral cooperation, a former official under the Barack Obama administration said.
Chinese enterprises constitute the main force in undertaking the Belt and Road projects, and the Belt and Road Initiative creates rare historical opportunities for the Chinese enterprises to go out, a report says.
The signing of the Hong Kong-ASEAN free trade agreement (FTA) will bring ample opportunity for the...
Members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are the prior and primary partners o...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 366
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 201
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 194
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 174
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 145
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 142
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 110
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 108
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 105