Chakdara-Kalam Road construction announced
Pakistan has announced the construction of the 100km-long Chakdara-Kalam Road in Swat Valley, which will provide better commuting facilities to locals and tourists.
This was announced by prime minister Nawaz Sharif at a ceremony to distribute cheques to the earthquake victims at Gumkot district.
The construction of the road would boost economic activities and tourism in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa region.
The road will reduce the distance and time taken to travel from Chakdara Dir lower district to Kalam Swat.
The project is expected to benefit businessmen involved in fishing, furniture, woolen garments and the hotel industry, reported Pakobserver.net.
The standard of the road would be a motorway.
Last week, the prime minister held a meeting with Tajikistan President Emomali Rahmon in Murree, wherein the leaders gave in-principle approval to several road projects that connect Pakistan and Tajikistan.
Three routes were approved, namely the Gwadar-Peshawar-Kabul-Kunduz-Dushanbe, Khunjrab-Kalasu-Murghab and Chitral-Eshkahem-Dushanbe roads.
According to Sharif, connectivity with Tajikistan and the $46bn China Pakistan Economic Corridor projects will help the country transform its economic prospects.
A free trade agreement (FTA) to be signed in November by China's Hong Kong Special Administrative ...
If we define financial integration as enhancing capital mobility across borders, can we find indic...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 340
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 183
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 171
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 154
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 139
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 119
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 100
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 99
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 90