Lao-Chinese joint venture building Laos' 1st oil refinery
VIENTIANE - The construction of Laos' first ever oil refinery in the Saysettha Comprehensive Development Zone of capital Vientiane is expected to be completed in mid-next year.
The refinery is expected to have an annual production capacity of 800,000 tons of oil, the Lao News Agency (KPL) reported on Thursday.
The refinery construction project began in 2014 as an investment of the Lao-China Dongyan Petrochemical Co Ltd (LCPC), a joint venture between China's Yunnan Dongyan Industrial, which holds 75 percent of its shares, the Lao State Fuel Company 20 percent and the Lao-China Joint Investment 5 percent.
Once operational, the refinery will become among the nation's largest industrial enterprises and be able to supply about 60 percent of fuel in Laos.
As of now, the project has been 40 percent completed, according to Deputy Director of the Lao State Fuel Company Phaiboun Phomphaphithuk, KPL reported.
Sitting on over 218,677 square meters and worth $179 million, the oil refinery project involves the construction of three buildings, 16 oil tanks which have a total storage capacity of 80 million liters.
Laos imported 1.3 million liters of oil annually, according to Phaiboun.
There remains certain restrictive factors in China's economic and trade cooperation with the count...
In line with Chinese President Xi Jinping's underpinning motto of the increasingly momentous pan-E...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 354
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 194
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 183
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 162
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 144
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 133
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 106
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 106
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 97