First Chinese-invested TV channel launches in Cambodia
NICE TV channel, a joint venture between NICE Culture Investment Group from China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region and Cambodia's Interior Ministry, launched in Cambodia on Wednesday.
Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Sar Kheng said the new channel was another testament to good cooperation between Cambodia and China in the media sector.
"I believe that the new TV station will play a vital role in providing fast and reliable news on security sector and in educating people about law and other knowledge," he said during the opening ceremony of the NICE TV in Phnom Penh.
Deng Li, chairman of NICE Culture Investment Group, said as the first Chinese-invested digital television channel in Cambodia, NICE TV would act as a bridge connecting China and Cambodia in culture and information.
"The new TV channel is a new achievement that was born from good cooperation between China and Cambodia under the framework of the Belt and Road Initiative," he said.
NICE TV broadcasts in Khmer language and 24 hours a day, said its press release, adding that its daily programs include news, education, arts, culture, entertainment, movies, episodic drama series, and documentaries.
To date, there are about 23 TV channels in Cambodia.
The landmark signing of a bilateral memorandum of understanding on the Belt and Road (B&R) initiat...
Power interconnection, with the UHV (ultra-high-voltage) power grid as the backbone network, consi...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 380
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 210
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 202
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 177
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 152
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 147
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 117
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 113
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 112