Beijing holds security cooperation dialogue on B&R Initiative
A security cooperation dialogue on the Belt and Road Initiative, attended by officials from more than 20 countries, was held in Beijing on May 4, 2017.
Enhancing international cooperation to tackle risks and safeguard security for the Belt and Road Initiative is the common task for all countries, said Meng Jianzhu, head of the Commission for Political and Legal Affairs of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee.
Meng called on attendees to make full use of the dialogue to enhance exchanges of information and deepen security and law-enforcement cooperation.
More than 100 countries and international organizations have already joined the Belt and Road Initiative, a China-proposed trade and infrastructure plan connecting Asia with Europe and Africa.
"Cooperation in trade, investment, and infrastructure have been growing, thanks to the Belt and Road initiative, " Meng said, adding that the forthcoming Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation will push for further cooperation.
The high-profile forum, which will be held from May 14 to 15 in Beijing, will see at least 28 heads of state and government.
"We hope that all sides would foster the concept of common and cooperative security, and establish a sound security cooperation mechanism for the Belt and Road Initiative," China's Public Security Minister Guo Shengkun said at the opening ceremony of the dialogue.
Guo called for stepping up pragmatic cooperation in such areas as public security, anti-terrorism, and protecting overseas interests.
Participants attending the dialogue pledged to strengthen security cooperation with China for the Belt and Road Initiative.
- Last Article：Belt and Road improves CEEC prospects
- Next Article：Train capable of 400 km/h ready to boost region's connectivity
The signing of the Hong Kong-ASEAN free trade agreement (FTA) will bring ample opportunity for the...
Members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are the prior and primary partners o...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 366
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 201
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 194
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 174
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 145
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 142
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 110
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 108
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 105