China, Mongolia to start joint feasibility study for FTA
China and Mongolia will soon start conducting a joint feasibility study for the development of a free trade zone, a Chinese official said on Aug. 1.
Qian Keming, a vice-minister of commerce, said the move highlights the ever strengthening Sino-Mongolian relations "on the basis of mutual respect, equality and benefit".
The Second China-Mongolia Expo is slated to take place in Hohhot, capital of China's Inner Mongolia autonomous region between September 26 and 30 this year. Through exhibitions, conferences and seminars, investment and trade negotiations, the expo will serve as a communication platform for all sides, Qian said at a press conference.
The biennial event aims to boost bilateral cooperation in politics, economy, education, health and culture, and to facilitate the Belt and Road Initiative and China-Mongolia-Russia Economic Corridor.
For over a decade, China has been Mongolia's largest trading partner. According to China's Ministry of Commerce, Sino-Mongolian trade amounted to US$3.1 billion in the first half of this year, up 44.2 percent from a year ago. In the same period, China's non-financial direct investment in Mongolia reached US$4.1 billion, accounting for 30 percent of Mongolia's total foreign investment.
Earlier in 2016, bilateral trade reached US$4.61 billion, accounting for 60 percent of Mongolia's export volume, data from the ministry shows.
China mainly exports gas, diesel, food, machinery and equipment to Mongolia, and imports natural resources, fur and raw materials.
The landmark signing of a bilateral memorandum of understanding on the Belt and Road (B&R) initiat...
Power interconnection, with the UHV (ultra-high-voltage) power grid as the backbone network, consi...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 379
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 209
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 202
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 177
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 152
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 147
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 117
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 112
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 112