China strengthens supervision of SOE overseas investments
BEIJING, Aug. 2 (Xinhua) -- China has stepped up financial management of overseas investments made by state-owned enterprises (SOEs) in efforts to improve returns and control risks, the Ministry of Finance said Wednesday.
A guideline that took effect Tuesday will standardize the financial management of SOEs throughout the investment process, and tackle key issues including poor project feasibility and lack of risk management, the ministry said in an online statement.
Specifically, the guideline clarified the financial management responsibilities of these types of investments, asking SOEs to assign a specific person from top management to be in charge.
Also, the guideline requires SOEs to specify rules on feasibility and financial due diligence, making sure projects are financially viable before decisions are made.
The guideline applies to both central and local SOEs. Financial SOEs will follow separate rules to be released later.
- Last Article：BRICS finds commerce consensus
- Next Article：Lao govt approve Chinese company to conduct SEZ feasibility study
The landmark signing of a bilateral memorandum of understanding on the Belt and Road (B&R) initiat...
Power interconnection, with the UHV (ultra-high-voltage) power grid as the backbone network, consi...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 379
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 209
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 202
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 177
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 152
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 147
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 117
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 112
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 112