Bridges built by China connect world and people
China has recently completed the construction of world-class infrastructure projects in several countries demonstrating China's competence in civil engineering and in bringing about tangible benefits to local residents.
The Nyerere Bridge, connecting Kigamboni and Kurasini to Dar es Salam's central business district, was built as a joint venture by the China Railway Construction Engineering Group and the China Railway Major Bridge Group.
The 680 meter long bridge is the first of its kind in east and central Africa. It is 32 meters wide, has six lanes, three in each direction, and two pedestrian and cyclist lanes. The construction project created more than 1,000 jobs and has cultivated a host of bridge construction talents in Tanzania.
A 6.7-kilometer subsea tunnel was finished on July 7, which is a key part of the world's longest, 55 km, cross-sea road-railway bridge connecting Hong Kong, Zhuhai and Macao.
Statistics show China has built six out of the world's 10 longest cross-sea bridges. China has mastered the packaged technology of the design and construction of cable-stayed bridges longer than 1,000 meters, as well as the key technologies in the design and construction of cross-sea large-span steel box girder suspension bridges.
All of the five cushion caps on the piers of the China-Maldives Friendship Bridge have been inserted on July 6, making the project currently 70 percent complete. The construction of the topside structure will not be affected by the strong surges of the Indian Ocean.
The bridge, which spans the Gaadhoo Koa Strait, will be the first cross-sea bridge in the Maldives and even the Indian Ocean.
A free trade agreement (FTA) to be signed in November by China's Hong Kong Special Administrative ...
If we define financial integration as enhancing capital mobility across borders, can we find indic...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 340
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 183
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 171
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 154
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 139
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 119
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 100
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 99
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 90