Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins
The Lagos State Government, has committed over US$95m towards the construction of one hundred and fourteen Local roads in Lagos Metropolis in Nigeria.
The road construction in the city is part of campaign promises by Governor Akinwunmi Ambode to develop and improve the standards of roads in Lagos and also fix the ones in deplorable conditions making it world class standards.
In a letter released on Wednesday 14th October 2014 at the State house Alausa, Ikeja, The Lagos State Government announced acceptance of invitation for bids for the construction of the different roads across the Lagos metropolis.
The construction of roads in Lagos Metropolis in Nigeria spreads across the 20 local government areas in the State which includes Agege, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Alimosho, Amuwo Odofin, Apapa, Badagry, Epep, Etiosa, Ibeju-Lekki, Ifako Ijaiye, Ikeja, Ikorodu, Kosofe, Lagos Island, Lagos Mainland. Mushin, Ojo, Oshodi Isolo, Somolu and Surulere.
With the influx of such funds into such project, the government is committed towards the infrastructural development in the state. The move is is set to massively boost the economy positively especially the building and construction industry which has experienced no major progress for the past six months. In addition, it will indirectly affect other sector of the economy when implementation commences.
The construction of each roads is set to take a maximum of six months from the date of commencement of work once the bid parameters are met, the contracts will be awarded, and the first batch of the construction work will commence soon.
There remains certain restrictive factors in China's economic and trade cooperation with the count...
In line with Chinese President Xi Jinping's underpinning motto of the increasingly momentous pan-E...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 354
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 194
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 183
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 162
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 144
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 133
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 106
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 106
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 97