Mumbai launches metro Line 3 construction
MUMBAI Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) launched construction on the city’s third metro line on October 21 with groundbreaking ceremonies at seven locations along the route.
The 33.5km line will link Santacruz Electronics Export Processing Zone (Seepz) in the north of the city with Cuffe Parade in the southern district of Colaba.
Construction of the 27-station line is divided into seven lots, which were awarded to five consortia in July.
Initial construction works include piling for stations as well as ground preparations for launch shafts for tunnel boring machines. Detailed geotechnical investigations have also begun at a number of sites.
The signing of the Hong Kong-ASEAN free trade agreement (FTA) will bring ample opportunity for the...
Members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are the prior and primary partners o...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 366
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 202
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 194
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 174
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 145
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 142
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 110
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 108
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 105