France’s Colas to build tramway in Morocco
Colas has secured the construction contract for the extension of Line 2 of the Rabat tramway in Morocco.
Société du Tramway de Rabat-Salé (STRS) has awarded the €29m contract to the consortium composed of Colas’ railway subsidiary, Colas Rail, and its Morocco-based road construction subsidiary, GTR, to build the extension of Line 2 of the Rabat-Salé tramway.
This extension will connect Rabat’s Yacoub El Mansour district and Salé’s new hospital to the tramway network.
The contract includes installing the tram platforms, laying rails and installing rail signalling equipment over a total distance of 7 km, adding an additional storage track to the Hay Karima depot and relocating the “Gare de Salé” (Salé train station) tram stop.
Construction work will start in August 2017, and the line extension is scheduled to start running in the second half of 2019.
- Last Article：$200m Qatari highway goes to Turkey’s Tekfen
- Next Article：Jacobs secures role on $7bn rail project in Malaysia
The China-proposed Belt and Road Initiative will bring broad opportunities to the economic growth ...
The Belt and Road Initiative calls for innovative ﬁnancing methods to unlock private sec-tor capi...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 319
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 163
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 162
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 139
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 130
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 108
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 91
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 88
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 80