Chinese company awards top local employees in Ethiopia
ADDIS ABABA — China Communications Construction Company East Africa Company engaged in the construction of roads, bridges, airport runway, and rail projects among others, has awarded outstanding local employees in Ethiopia.
Speaking during the 2016-2017 East Africa Company Excellent Employees Awards Ceremony on Thursday here in Ethiopia's capital Addis Ababa, Wen Yingzheng, the Party committee secretary of China Communications Construction Company East Africa Company, said the Company has successfully accomplished various projects in Ethiopia, with huge contribution and efforts of local employees.
While operating in the country for about two decades, the company has contributed to the infrastructure development while creating job opportunities for the local people, said Wen.
He said the company has also been encouraging local employees by increasing payments and providing various incentives of prizes as well as facilitating visits and training in China.
Speaking to Xinhua, Wen said his company is an important partner of Ethiopia in infrastructure development, and it has created thousands of jobs for local people.
He noted that the company has successfully completed various projects with quality and high speed.
Reiterating that the company has been in the country for the last 20 years, Wen said it would continue to create more job opportunities for the local people, whom the company also encourages with increased pays and various incentives.
Ermias Belay, one of the top 10 local employees, said that the Chinese company has constructed roads, bridges, airport runway, railway projects, which are considered to have brought about significant changes in the country.
He also said that local people have been benefited out of the job opportunities due to projects carried out by the company.
"We gained construction technology and strong working culture transfer by closely working with our Chinese engineers and experts," he said. "We also feel proud by directly playing the lion's share towards the development of the nation, the infrastructure construction in Ethiopia."
While working with the company, the local employees have benefited from Chinese working culture and acquired skills and knowledge, he said.
Officials from the company revealed it to Xinhua that the award has been organized for the third time in its row.
- Last Article：None
- Next Article：Leading Australian IT students to visit Huawei in China for learning experience
Ong Ka Chuan, second minister of the Ministry of International Trade and Industry, Malaysia, annou...
The China-proposed Belt and Road Initiative will bring broad opportunities to the economic growth ...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 319
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 164
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 162
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 140
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 130
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 108
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 91
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 89
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 80