Luneng Group sets up green research institute
Luneng Group Co Ltd, a real estate and new energy giant, established a green development research institute Saturday as part of its efforts to promote ecological recovery and protect biological diversity.
The institute plans to conduct six programs in the future, including water and wetland restoration, eco-agriculture development of villages and ecological protection of the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region.
Chinese and overseas experts involved in green architecture, clean energy, ecological tourism and agriculture will provide advice for those projects.
The company said the institute will help better serve the public and society with application of its long-term green development principle.
Luneng transformed itself by putting ecology as its top priority in 2015, it said.
The idea was applied to its more than 10 attraction development projects, including Qiandao Lake in East China's Zhejiang province and Jiuzhai Valley in Southwest China's Sichuan province.
When designing the ski resort at Changbai Mountain in Northeast China's Jilin province, Luneng adjusted the construction plan to suit the natural landscape to avoid cutting down any trees, the company said.
It also released a book on Saturday, which studies specialties' management, ecological restoration, agriculture and tourism with detailed interpretations of the company's cases.
Xie Yan, the institute's chief scientist, said the company closely combined its development with ecological protection, which has an important social meaning.
The signing of the Hong Kong-ASEAN free trade agreement (FTA) will bring ample opportunity for the...
Members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are the prior and primary partners o...
- Sandan Development plans Omani industrial park 366
- Major facelift as construction of roads in Lagos metropolis in Nigeria begins 202
- Government Issues Shiraz Metro Tender 194
- Philippine’s DOTC begins bidding for $3.77bn North-South railway project 174
- Xinjiang Medical University builds new campus in Karamay 145
- CCCC to build industrial park in Jalisco State 142
- Newly constructed Dangote Petrochemicals refinery in Nigeria to start operation 110
- Kenya to Construct $170 Million Power Lines Connecting Turkana Wind Farm to National Grid 108
- Norwegian firm Scatec begins plans to construct solar plants in Egypt 105